More Shabby Chic Boxes for Storage & Decorating


Here are a few more boxes that I've added to my shabby chic storage area. The one on the left is a vintage tin that my mother-in-law gave me. I added a jeweled clasp from an old necklace to cover up the hole that was left from a missing closure, and stuck on a few flat back pearls.

The other two boxes in the back row are inexpensive, unfinished wood boxes that I picked up at the hobby store. I painted them with white chalk paint. Then I glued fussy cut roses on the small box and some watercolor rose background papers from my digital design shop, and decorated them with bling and lace.

The box in the front row I made from a paper tube that was left over after I used up a roll of paper towels. I cut it lengthwise, covered it with pretty wrapping paper, made ends for it from scraps of cardboard, and decorated the whole thing with ribbon, lace, mulberry paper flowers and flat back pearls. The feet and closure are made from buttons and flat back pearls that I hot glued into place. It's perfect for storing rolls of washi tape.

Comments