Shabby Chic Boxes: Inexpensive Decorating & Storage Idea


I never seem to have enough storage for my craft supplies, and I don't really care for those clear plastic boxes that everyone seems to use. So I started collecting various empty boxes (shoe boxes, small shipping boxes, etc.) Then I covered them with pages from books I read once and didn't like, or could never get interested in them enough to finish reading them. Glue sticks work perfectly, and if you have the occasional edge that just won't stick down properly pop a tiny drop of PVA glue on it and hold it down with your fingers for a few seconds.

After I got them all covered with book pages I decopauged a few of them with vintage flowers, then hot glued on lots of lace, ribbons, buttons, fabric flowers, bits of old jewelry, beads and flat back pearls. I love how they turned out, and now I have lots more room to store all of my craft essentials. I don't have a craft room, so I made myself a little corner of the living room. Since my storage system is pretty, I can leave everything on display. Hubby calls it "The Emporium". LOL!

Comments